App 2.50 €
The EngRev App is developed to support users of a special motor controller, allowing reversal of the engine direction by a separate servo signal.
This App was designed around the Turnigy Seaplane 40amp ESC with Reversing Switch.
In the setup screen for this app, you can set up the proper servo output to be used (defaulted to the first free slot), and assign a switch for changing engine direction. you can set the throttle level above which engine reversal is blocked, but to prevent damage to your motor using this ESC controller it must be defaulted to 0%.
Be aware it uses the Throttle stick as input, so if you have set up special mixes to control the motor servo by other means than the Throttle stick, this App is not for you!!
This app will create some mixes and logical switches, which can be removed by the app if you no longer need it.
An example of the setup page is given here:
- Line 1, no settings, just for info
- Line 2, servo output selection. You can only select free slots, so remove another mixer line first if you want to use that slot
- Line 3, Direction info and assignment of a switch to use for switching direction. The app comes with no switch selected, and the engine will reverse each time you reduce the throttle to zero. You can only assign a different switch when the throttle is below your switch Active level.
- line 4, To set the level for the direction switch to be activated. If you know your controller can handle a 10% throttle and reversal without damage, you can instantly reverse the engine by moving the selected switch when you set this level to 10%. ( good for boats and cars )
- line 5, You can remove all adaptations to the model setup by selecting "yes". There is no further warning when selected!
have fun and
After unzipping the received installation files to your SDCard, you can install an example model to check out the App by using the "restore model" feature. Go to the Model Selection Screen (push "MENU" once), go to an empty slot, long press "ENTER", and select "restore model". Then select the model "20-AppMan-yyyy-mm-dd.bin" if you are on OpenTX 2.0, and select the "21-AppMan_yyyy-mm-dd.bin" if you are on OpenTX 2.1.
Make sure you activate the AppMan model by long press ENTER again, and choose SELECT.
Press EXIT until you are at the home screen again, and long press PAGE to enter the AppManager, and select the "EngRev" App.
More info also in the HowTo's: Using Apps